You may be wondering what FitCast battery saver mode is, why it is needed and how it works.
Using customer feedback, we added this feature to make using FitCast a lot easier, efficient and effective.
Simply, Battery saver “off” means that FitCast will keep broadcasting and other apps will not be disconnected at the end of a Workout. This allows you to run another Workout or continue your run without needing to reconnect other apps (e.g. Zwift, Kinomap, Rouvy).
Please note: FitCast itself is only turned on when you enter the run screen.
How to switch on/off battery saver mode
- Go to Settings tab
- Sign into your account
(Premium account needed to use FitCast)
- Select manage your account
- Scroll down to FitCast battery saver
- Tick/untick the box
Battery saver mode off
- FitCast will automatically turn on when you launch the run screen so you can connect to third-party apps like Zwift
- FitCast will not turn off automatically after your Workout ends so you can continue running and broadcasting to third party apps e.g. Zwift, Kinomap without needing to reconnect
- You will need to close the app to turn FitCast off
Battery saver mode on
- FitCast turns off automatically when you finish a Workout